Friday 11 September 2015

Dear Cbeebies



Dear Cbeebies HQ,

Re:  RUMOUR THAT CBEEBIES IS BEING AXED

I am writing to you, as I have had no luck getting through to your help-line that has been engaged since 6am. I can only imagine that other parents are starting to hear the news? Is it true? Please tell me it isn’t true.

My children have been in the care of watching Cbeebies programs since they were just a few months old.  What am I supposed to tell them? That Boj was lying when he implied ‘the fun will never end?’  That Lucy’s neglectful Mum has FINALLY noticed that her daughter climbs out of her bedroom window every night? Also, I know she is just a character but that little neurotic girl and her spider! How will she cope?

I just asked my children ‘Would you be sad if there was no more Cbeebies?’

They replied ‘Shhh Mummy we are watching Cbeebies.’ if that doesn’t tug at your heart strings then nothing will.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Nina and every one of her Neurons because without her dinner time just wouldn’t be possible. Oh and Mr. Bloom if your reading this? I’m loving your work.

If in fact there has been a mistake and you are only making changes to the channel, then I can highly recommend getting rid of Peter Rabbit or Andy’s Dinosaur adventures. I find them really quite scary. We are also ready to say good-bye to Iggle Piggle and his strange little friends as their hypnotic powers no longer work on my children. May I suggest handing the ‘bedtime hour’ over to Ruff Ruff, Tweet or perhaps Dave?

I would also suggest that there is never a good time for Yogo?

I really appreciate you taking the time to read my concerns. I have just heard the theme tune to 'I Can Cook' which means my kids are hungry.   I must ask one more thing before you make this decision, please imagine the thousands of tantruming toddlers protesting on the steps of your offices.


I look forward to your prompt response.


Yours sincerely

Mrs. H.








Friday Frolics

 

Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com


  

9 comments:

  1. I get excited every time I see you have written new post. I read this one out to my husband and we chortled together. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Please tell me that it isn't true though. Mr Bloom is now on Hollyoaks though so maybe they are all finding alternative employment. Soon Mr Tumble will be on question time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind. No way! Is he really on Hollyoaks? Whatever next? Topsy & Tim's Mum on East enders? ..Oh hang on a minute.

      Delete
  2. This is going to be seriously difficult. I consider us of the blessed generation of parents that had this in our lives, making them that bit more possible.
    Not very funny comment, but this is not a very funny situation!
    #fridayfrolics
    x Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm completely with you on the yogo. And even my kids give me a look of 'what is this shite?' when the night garden come on. But I owe my sanity, and the ability to get anything done to the likes of Raa Raa and Charlie & Lola. Life as we know it will never be the same. Can you imagine the hell that would be a rainy day! Thanks for linking up to #FridayFrolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! How is my son ever supposed to learn how to look after his little sister of Charlie & Lola are no more? Thanks for hosting!!.

      Delete
  4. Lol Lol Lol!!!!! This is so funny!!! Please tell me you tweeted Cbeebies with this one? HILLARIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it made you laugh ! I sent it directly to BBC 😉 I just heard on FB that they have changed their minds. I can only imagine they feared millions of toddlers outside their offices singing (Balamory over &.over again) in protest. 😊

      Delete
  5. Mr Bloom...I'm loving your work! Flipping ace. Have seen a few posts on this and I just love the humour mums are bringing to it!! #FridayFrolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! its good to see the funny side of what could have been a potential disaster!! Ha! thank-you! :)

      Delete